*UPDATE: April 16, 2020 – Fountain Valley is no longer offering small business grants for Covid-19. The funds have been allocated to their completion.
The City of Fountain Valley is accepting applications for emergency small business employee retention grants during Covid-19.
The grant is geared towards those who make under $66,500 a year and is meant to help small businesses keep their employees through Covid-19. 1099 employees are not covered under this grant program.
Small business owners in Fountain Valley may start applying for the emergency grant starting today, April 13.
The Fountain Valley emergency retention grant is meant to subsidize up to 75% of the payroll costs of your low and moderate income employees.
The grant is distributed in two cycles and will cover up to $10,000 a month for two months.
- Pay up to 75% of the payroll costs (1099 employees excluded)
- Max $10,000 a month for two months
- Half of the grant is distributed during approval
- Half of the grant is distributed after payroll document verification
Low and moderate income small business owners may apply for the grant in Fountain Valley only. The grant is only qualified for owners and employees making under $66,500 a year.
- Owner and employees make less than $66,500/year (low/moderate income requirement of ≤80% of the area)
- 10 employees or less
- Not a franchise or national chain
- Operating for six months or more
- Revenue decrease of at least 25%
- Business is still operating with employees
- Employee retention of two months after grant
How to Apply
To apply for the emergency employee retention grant fill out the application packet by clicking HERE.
Check out the FAQ here and if you have questions you may call Ashlyn Newman at (714) 593-4428.
- Fill out the application packet
- Email the packet to [email protected]
- Receive a response within 24 hours confirming application was received
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.