The following press release was sent by The City of Fountain Valley, an outside organization. Experience Fountain Valley does not edit press releases and we publish them to bring you direct information.
COVID-19: How to Prevent the Spread while Grocery Shopping
How can I safely grocery shop during COVID-19?
- Keep at least a six-foot distance from others and avoid touching your face.
- If possible, sanitize the handles of grocery baskets or shopping carts before shopping.
- Once home, wash your hands immediately; wash them again after handling and storing your purchased products.
How should I wash fruit and vegetables during COVID-19?
- Wash fruit and vegetables the same way you would in any other circumstance.
- Before handling them, wash your hands with soap and water and then wash the fruits/vegetables thoroughly with clean water.
Remember to wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds. Do not touch your face, maintain a six-foot distance from other people and only go out for essential items. For more information, visit the World Health Organization (WHO) online.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.